January was pretty light as far as musical releases, aside from Boosie‘s album and Future‘s Purple Reign. But, there are a few projects dropping in February that I’m looking forward to:
Kanye West – WAVES
- Ye’s beef with Wiz got a lot of people pretty riled up and I’m anxious to see how “wavy” this project will be. “No Parties in L.A.” reminded me of Yeezy on “New God Flow” so I’m hoping for some classic Kanye vibes. Also, he’s got some monster contributions. How dope was that handwritten notepad tracklist?
- WAVES drops Feb. 11
Young Thug – Slime Season 3
- I just love Thugger’s flow. His voice sounds perfect and his beat selection is always on point (even if I can’t always understand what he’s saying).
- SS3 is slated for a Feb. 5 release
Boosie Badazz – Out My Feelings (In My Past)
- This guy is on a roll and I’m not complaining. At the beginning of the month, he dropped a heartfelt project called In My Feelings (Goin’ Thru It) and I swear I felt all of his pain. Boosie is a great storyteller and conveys emotion very well.
- Things will be on the upswing on this new project and I love Boosie’s ratchet songs just as much as the others. Out My Feelings (In My Past) will be available tomorrow (Feb. 1).